What is Chuka. Unique properties, benefits and applications
Algae Chuka (wakame) is a group of brown algae, which are long green stems that grow on sea rocks at depths of up to 100 meters near the coasts of China, Japan and Russia.
The Japanese were among the first to eat wakame, appreciating not only the delicate taste, but also the benefits of this salad. The main reasons for the wide distribution of Chuka seaweed are its low calorie content (per 100 g – 60 kcal and 8 g – proteins and fats, 17 g – carbohydrates), saturation with minerals and vitamins, almost all groups, amino acids, proteins, carbohydrates and fatty acids. There are also chemical elements such as zinc, selenium, manganese, iodine, which are useful for the human body.
Health benefits of Chuka seaweed
- Normalizes the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, cleanses the intestines of toxins and waste;
- Strengthens blood vessels and improves heart function, has a beneficial effect on the human cardiovascular system;
- Reduces blood cholesterol;
- Improves visual and hearing acuity, thinking abilities;
- Strengthens tooth enamel, protects against caries;
- Strengthens the immune system. Stabilizes the general condition;
- Normalizes the functioning of the thyroid gland;
- Saturates the body with vitamins of all groups.
These algae are imported to Russia from China. Today they are often used as an ingredient in salads, sushi or as a side dish, and go well with meat and fish dishes. In grocery chains, Chuka seaweed is sold frozen, dried or canned. It should be noted that when frozen they do not lose their beneficial properties at all.
Chuka algae from Russian Fish Company is always high quality and fast delivery times!